New Arrivals Maternity Care Unit
Having a baby is one of the most exciting events in your life. But it can often be a little overwhelming. At Montclair Hospital Medical Center, our team of skilled physicians and nurses is ready to assist patients during every stage of their pregnancy — and after their delivery, too.
Get Ready for A Healthy Beginning
Our care for you begins the moment you think you're pregnant. Call us and we'll refer you to a physician for your needs. It's important you continue with regular prenatal care appointments with your physician. If needed, we'll help you apply for Medi-Cal.
Everything New Parents Need to Know
As an expectant mother, one of your first reactions probably will be to learn as much as you can about this tiny person growing inside you — and how to care for him or her.
When the Big Day Arrives
Eventually, all the waiting — especially that long last month — is over. It's assuring to know that our Family Birth Center provides a wide range of maternity services designed to make each patient's birth experience as smooth and comfortable as possible. These include:
- Labor, Delivery, Recovery (LDR) rooms, which provide a comfortable birth experience. After delivery, baby can rest comfortably in the new mom's room with nurses available to assist in their care.
- We have a Newborn Channel on our in-room televisions featuring new parent educational programs in English and Spanish.
- Anesthesia specialists available 24 hours
- Flexible visiting hours for family members and friends
- Baby photos will be taken for infant security and safety purposes - as well as for a take-home momento.
Our staff is also trained to offer support to all new mothers who need help breastfeeding their new babies. Our breastfeeding policy can be reviewed here.
For additional information, please call our New Arrivals Maternity Care Unit at (909) 625-8146.
Click here to view flyers with more information on the Baby Showers in English or